Income Tax Portal :- According to the Income Tax Department it is necessary to link aadhaar card and PAN card at income tax portal. To fill income tax returns ‘e-filed’ only after linking your Aadhaar and PAN card. Now, if you want to link your PAN and aadhaar card then you can visit the official income tax ‘e-filing website’ to link these two identities.
The direct link is also available at the Income Tax Department that can help the taxpayers to link their PAN with Aadhaar without login at the portal. You will just need to go through a simple step process to link them. You can also link these documents after registration and login at the portal. Now, check below details to check the complete procedure.
How to link Aadhaar card with PAN at Income Tax Portal
You can link your Aadhaar card with PAN at Income Tax Portal either login or without login. The step wise details are given below of both the procedure. You can use any one method to link your PAN and Aadhaar at the income tax portal.
Step to link Aadhaar card with PAN without Login at Income Tax Portal
- First of all, visit the official of income tax portal which is “www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in”
- Then, click on the link “Link Aadhaar” available on the left side of home page under “Quick Links”.
- Now, link aadhaar page will open where you will have to provide the required details. Enter your PAN number, Aadhaar number and type the name same as printed on aadhaar card. Type the captcha and submit the details.
- Note: After verification from UIDAI department, your aadhaar card and PAN will be linked.
Step to link Aadhaar card with PAN after Login at Income Tax Portal
- First of all, login the income tax e filing portal and register yourself.
- Then, log in to the “e-Filing portal” of the Income Tax Department using your log-in ID, password and date of birth.
- After log in at the income tax portal, a pop up page will appear that prompts you to link your Aadhaar card with PAN. If you do not see that popup, then simply go to the ‘Profile Settings’ and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ button.
- Your details will be flashed there on the screen such as your neme, date of birth, gender etc. that you have provided at the registration time on the e-Filing portal of income tax. You will just need to verify the details.
- Now, enter your Aadhaar card number and the captcha code and then click the “Link now” button.
- You will see a “pop-up message” appears on the screen highlighting that your Aadhaar card and PAN has been successfully linked.
How to link your Aadhaar and PAN through SMS
To link your Aadhaar with PAN, you can send an SMS to either 567678 or 56161 numbers as per below format:
- UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN> to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number.
- Example: UIDPAN 123256985123 AKPLM3524R
Note: This webpage is dedicated to the “How to link Aadhaar Card to PAN at Income Tax Portal”. So, you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates on Income Tax.
To Know about Income Tax Portal – http://incometaxlogin.co.in/
To Know more about Aadhar Card – http://www.uidai-aadharcard.co.in/